03 Important Themes
Funding stages & relevant funding options
“Where to get money?” - the most common question that entrepreneurs ask to run a successful business. This material gives you a broad overview of the various funding stages as well as options – including equity capital, grants and crowdfunding.
- The funding stages explained (Pre-seed, Seed, Series A, Series B+)
- Startup funding options (Self-funding, Friends and family, Incubators and accelerators, Angel investors, Venture capital, Growth capital, IPO, Crowdfunding, Grants)
Useful material: Funding options for different funding stages – slide deck
Where to get money - investors, grants or crowdfunding?
When you have a great idea, funding is nearly always the sticking point. How can you raise money to get it started? How could you get your idea off the ground?
In this webinar, we talk about 3 different ways to fund your idea - be it attracting an angel investor, crowdfunding or grants.
- First, who exactly is an angel and where do they invest?
- Second, if you have a ground breaking idea and you’re ready to campaign for it, crowdfunding is the way to go
- Third, grants offer the opportunity for your organisation to bring in new funding that does not need to be paid back!
Useful material: “Where to get money – Investors, grants or crowdfunding?” – webinar presentation and recording.
Introduction to the scale-up financing
How to finance your journey from startup to scaleup? What are pros and cons of the grant funding and what is available for scale up phase? How does the fundraising look like? Debt vs. equity – what to consider?
- Grant (pros and cons), EIC Accelerator, cascade funding, EIT/DIH
- Fundraising: How to prepare and fundraising tips
- Debt vs. Equity: Overview and theory, what to consider
- Equity investments: VC model, SHA, Cap table, management control
- Debt investments and instruments
Useful material TETRA presentations: