03 Important Themes
International public funding opportunities
Funding programmes are an important source of finance during the time of economic uncertainty and additional fuel to finance business activities and societal processes at any time.
EU funding programmes are designed to support research, development and innovation and advancement of specific societal priorities (environment and climate actions, audio-visual, cultural and creative sectors, education, training, youth and sports initiatives, etc.).
In this factsheet, we present information on opened EU funding programmes and calls at the EU level EIC accelerator
- Horizon Europe 2020
- Fast Track to Innovation (FTI)
- European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
Useful material International funding opportunities – slide deck
Understanding public funding options in Europe and how to decipher open call texts
The webinar provides the overview of funding opportunities for SMEs and startups in Europe and describes differences among existing funding programmes. Secondly, the webinar gives insights into how to understand the open calls and figure out if they are relevant for your company.
- Overview of funding opportunities for SMEs/Startups in different programmes
- Differences between the programmes
- Reading a topic/call
- Benefits for SMEs
- Partner search
- How to describe logically your idea
EIC Accelerator - lifecycle and stage 1 application
EIC Accelerator (previously known as SME Instrument) is part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot that supports top-class innovators, entrepreneurs, small companies and scientists with funding opportunities and acceleration services. Projects will receive between € 0.5 and € 2.5 million in the form of grants and the maximum of investment in the form of equity is € 15 million. The EIC Accelerator supports high-risk, high-potential small and medium-sized enterprises and innovators to help them develop and bring onto the market new innovative products, services and business models that could drive economic growth. Selected companies receive funding and optional equity and are offered business coaching and mentoring to scale up their innovation idea. They get extra acceleration services to connect with investors, corporates and likeminded entrepreneurs
- EIC Accelerator: How to take disruptive products and services to the market
- Target companies, eligible activities, evaluation process
- Results of previous calls and success stories
- Proposal evaluation in practice
- How to improve your chances to get funding
- Most common mistakes
- TETRA webinar “EIC Accelerator: Grant and equity funding for the most promising European SMEs”: presentation and recording
- TETRA Masterclass “EIC Accelerator - lifecycle and stage 1 application”: recording
The webinar gives all the necessary information to those who are interested in applying for the EU-funded programme “Horizon Europe”. It sheds light on the following topics essential for developing a successful proposal:
- The structure of the Horizon Europe programme;
- Work programmes key content: calls, topics, destination, expected outcomes, scope;
- Types of actions and funding rates;
- How to use the Funding & Tenders portal;
- How to search for a relevant call;
- Consortium building process;
- Administrative requirements;
- The budget structure;
- Tips on generating input for a proposal.
EIC Pathfinder: Your next opportunity in Horizon Europe?
- Introduction to EIC
- EIC Pathfinder
- Basic facts
- Evaluation process & Criteria
- Tips and trick
Useful material: TETRA presentation
Cascade funding is a mechanism of the European Commission of allocating funds in order to support SMEs and start-ups in developing and implementing innovative digital solutions. Through this instrument start-ups and SMEs can attract from 20 000 to 500 000 euro for innovative product development. The webinar will answer the following questions about this funding opportunity:
- What is the cascade funding and how to find the right call for you?
- How is the cascade funding different from other Horizon Europe grants?
- How to prepare a successful cascade funding application?
- Which calls are open now?
Local grants in EU
- Local grant entities in EU countries
- Relevant open calls in 2022
Useful material: Local grants and open calls in EU countries