06 Access to (international) public contracts
Procurement rules often vary depending on the country, legal environment, and nature of the entity. If you are interested in participating in a tender, you’ll often face the following challenges:
- I don't know how to find a relevant tender
- I found a relevant tender, but the deadline is too soon
- I don't speak the language
- I don't understand specifications. What do they want from me?
- I could prepare the offer, but I do not meet a few compulsory requirements
- Too much paperwork to be filled in
- Is it really transparent?
- Who are my competitors?
The course will face the abovementioned challenges through the following modules:
- What is public procurement? Tendering abroad, why not?
- How to search for public tenders
- Tenders: Am I eligible?
- Finding a partner for a consortium
- Public procurement regulation and specifications
- Things to consider before preparing a bid offer
- What to take into account when submitting the financial offer
- How to fill in tender documents?
- What can you do when you run into language barriers?
- Pros and cons of doing business with governments
- Public Tender Procedures
Additionally, we will give you access to private platforms providing access to public contracts in a customised and individualised way.